Sunday, December 15, 2013

Chelsea Hughes blog 4

12/15/2103

This week has been interesting for me. I've found many newer books on my kindle app so I have been reading on various topics all week. I love reading about different things, keeps my mind stimulated and is great conversation material. The only drawback is I often have trouble finishing books I start as in the case of  the book Zen in the Martial Arts. It is a short book but the words are so wisdom-dense that if feels much heavier to absorb the meaning. I am continuing to progress on my guitar goal and am currently trying out different gyms in the area so I can start training for the 5k. My training at the dojo has been going well, I've been dealing with some health issues that can hinder my workout, but this week I feel I had 2 good moments where I showed my rank well. One in mastery class when we were asked to show various techniques, I feel I showed them well for my rank, and another drill when asked to punch some hand mitts my speed was noticeably increased as well as accuracy. I hope to continue to seek the good in my workouts and always continue to give it my best each class. Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to updating you each week.

Chelsea Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment