Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chelsea Hughes blog 3

Now that we are in the holiday season I have been seeing more selflessness in my friends and family, strangers too. I wonder why it always seems to be more abundant this time of year rather than year long. I have found that in doing acts of kindness daily the world seems a little brighter than before and it is easier to see the positive in the world, even when watching the news even though they seem to show more things that get ratings like crimes, fires..etc. I am still reading the book Zen in the Martial Arts, I have been taking it really slow, trying to really think about each chapter after reading one. I have found this book to have much meaning and has been inspiring as well. Each chapter has given me lots to think about in learning the zen behind the words. I have been making great progress on my guitar goal with my new game, I'm actually starting to build callouses on my left fingertips as well as getting faster with chord transitions. I am in search of a gym in the area to start doing the couch to 5k program on a treadmill, it seems to be a good slow building program that should help me build up the stamina I need. I look forward to keeping you all up to date on my progress.  

Chelsea Hughes 

No comments:

Post a Comment