Sunday, July 27, 2014

check up 7/27

Update on The mastery team, and how its going for me so far.
    Non Physical requirements:
I have read the amazing book Zen in the Martial arts, and wrote a blog post raving about it. I have completed three out of three personal goals (adding more cardio to my life, performing my fan form in a tournament, and leaving a smaller carbon foot print.) I've done blog posts for two living heroes, the dogs helping with the 911 search and cleanup, and Louis Zamperini. I've blogged roughly every week. I have raised over $600 for Alabama
     Physical Requirements:
I've practiced my forms. I've done 100 push ups and sit ups every day. I've done 25 squat jacks, and 15 pull ups each day as well. I have worked hard to learn all of the moves that are required of my if I am to reach black belt. That means I need to memorize the whole curriculum. I'm pretty sure I got it down, fingers crossed.
Anyway, the provocation or this log post is simply that the Mastery program/year long black belt test is drawing to a close, quit soon in fact. In the middle of august, I believe. So I thought I would reflect back and see just what I've done, and what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment