Sunday, February 9, 2014

Jason Mai 2/9/14

Jason Mai
2/9/14

    Yesterday we went to a state tournament and came in 2nd which is crazy. My throat still kind of hurts from screaming. That victory means that we are the 2nd best wrestling team in the state. Ridiculous. I'm so tired and done with wrestling, but I know I need to push it out. For one more real week, after this upcoming week there will be sectionals. However the week before sectionals will be horrible. Hard practices and 3 wrestle offs. Brendan will want to steal my spot, and I don't know what to do. For one, I know I could defend my spot, and beat him, but do I want to? I'm tired and I've worked hard this whole season, but if I let Brendan win then everyone will think of me less than what I am. I know the right thing to do, I need to work hard this week. Defend my varsity spot. Go to sectionals. Do alright. Finished. After the season is over the whole team goes to play paintball which will be fun. I've really bonded with my team and made a lot of friends this season, and overall it's been a learning experience.

    I am also working on a movie, I know...crazy stuff. I'm in a class called script to screen and that is also another reason I want wrestling to end, so I have more time cleared up. This class is a full on movie making class. We wrote a script, mine was 33 pages. We do storyboards, shot lists, learn how to operate the cameras, learn to work with actors. Use actors from the dramatic art's classes and literally make a movie. These movies are short movies 20-30 mins however it will still be very hard. A lot of factors go into a movie, and a lot can go wrong. However I am pumped. This is one of the first things I've ever done that has been really fun, yet I could make a career out of. More specifically script writing. I've always been passionate of writing, more specifically creative writing, and I've always loved film, and wanted to be in the industry. So when I discovered script writing, I was hooked. I know if I want my dream job, I will have to work for it, and it might not come, but it's not impossible either. The plan is simple. I will drop Spanish next year and take extra writing/film classes and retake script to screen. I will really focus on this. I will write scripts over the summer and during the school year. Senior year, I will do the same. By the time I am applying to colleges, if I have a ton of scripts to show them, and for them to see I am legit, then I have a better chance of getting into those colleges. Colleges that I've looked at and might want to go to are, USC, UCLA etc. I want to be in the L.A area so I can make connections and make it easier to sell my scripts and get into the industry. After college I will try to get a job working for someone who has connections. I will be a errand boy, nothing big. Through this connections I will build my way up and be able to make money off the scripts once I get discovered. I know...its very ambitious, and I question myself everyday, but at the end of the day. I think I could do it.

    Last thing I see in the nearby future is going to Peru with the loose change team during the summer. One of my former teachers named Mr. Fernandez has always done this program every year. It's called the loose change project. He collects loose change from all the schools and nearby shops, local stores and brings school supplies to remote villages in Peru, he even builds schools there as well. This is one of my personal victories, and it will be a blast, but extremely difficult as well. I will need to be in very very good shape. You are basically hiking 10 miles a day, uphill in bad terrain and low oxygen.

   The mastery program so far is doing pretty well for me. I am meeting most of the physical requirements but it is nothing to be worried about. I think I might be behind 30 abs, yeah nothing to be worried about. The things I need to worry about are the long term requirements. Mending a broken relationship, is done, and I will be writing a journal entry next week. Raising money for Alabama is one I am worried about, I don't know how I will do that requirement, I could start a project...probably the best idea. Profile 3 living heros, I will probably do that in my next blog post as well. I have a few in mind already. Achieve 3 personal victories, will be done once I go to Peru and finish it. My 3 are cross-train in wrestling to have some kind of wrestling background. Find a career I am passionate about and start to pursue it. Last one is to go out of country to help others. I have read Zen in the Martial Arts and started Savor, but I need to get back into Savor. I have ready Mastery by Stewart Emery, but I would like to read it a few more times over to really understand it. Overall it's been doing well but there are a few I will never be able to make up. During wrestling it's way too hard to do wrestling and martial arts at the same time. So I won't make my 2 days a week requirement, also I've missed countless black belt classes because of wrestling as well. I don't want my black belt unless I really did what I was suppose to, so I will hold off getting my black belt until next year. I am not quitting, I will make every other requirement besides those, it was out my hand however I was the one to choose to wrestle. Next year will be a brand new start and I will get my black belt that year. I might even hold off another year, depending if I believe I am mature enough.

Wow all my journal entries have been very long winded, I doubt anyone reads these massive walls of texts haha I will try to shorted them up next week to make sure they are reader friendly. To the people who do read this, I love you.

-Jason Mai


No comments:

Post a Comment