Monday, May 26, 2014

Jason Mai 5/26/14

Jason Mai
5/26/14

     Yesterday I went hiking with people from my school that I don't normally hang out with. I really enjoyed getting to know them, laughing with them and sharing memories with them. They're my Peru group, the people i'm going to Peru with, going to remote villages high up in the mountains and stuff. What I experienced yesterday is what life should be like, what I mean by that is just how stupid cliques are and grouping people into categories, people should not be referred to as nerds, losers, jocks etc etc, we all are human, we shouldn't judge each other because we don't understand each other. Yesterday was an example of that, I was hanging out with people I didn't really know, I was struggling and sharing experiences with people I didn't really know, but I enjoyed them. I wish I could be friends with everyone in school, I wish I could connect with everybody and make everyone happy and make them laugh but life just isn't like that huh, people aren't all nice to each other, and its sad.
     Today I learned that I'm a super vulnerable person, and I guess I'm okay with it, I learned it kinda is part of being human but it sucks, I'm really bad at opening up to people because I'm scared, scared of being rejected, scared of the lack of control. I'm better with it now, but it can be hard. I was just thinking about this because of this Ted Talk, its very deep and connects with me on many levels its awesome.


3 comments:

  1. Jason, where did you find this ted talk? did someone tell you about it or did you find it on your own. I think this is amazing talk that everyone should be required to watch. I just watched it the other day and it blew my mind. It put words to things I already believed.
    Know that being vulnerable also opens you up to amazingly positive feelings. Ultimately, being vulnerable brings more happiness than anything else. Often it is discouraged for men to be vulnerable. Be we need more vulnerable, compassionate men in this world. And more than that we need men who are comfortable being that way and willing to say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sensei, I just stumbled on this ted talk, and I agree. Stereotypical Men aren't suppose to feel vulnerable or express it and I think the world needs the opposite. If people are more open and honestly with each other, I feel that as humans we connect better with each other and empathize better with each other. Instead everybody puts up facades of who they are, to get what they want out of people, but I've been feeling this for a while now, this ted talk just put the words in my mouth. I've been a lot more honest with the people in my life, and I guess if they can't accept the real me, I don't need them.

      Delete
  2. You are a good person Jason. I can sense that in you. While we should always have a mindset for constant self improvement, we should also know that we, as we are, are enough. The right people will like you for you. And while you won't get along with every person you meet, if you are genuine, many people will sense it and be attracted to that quality.

    ReplyDelete