Sunday, April 13, 2014

Jason Mai 3/13/14

Jason Mai
3/13/14

     So today I finally finished shooting! Agh it was so stressful and mentally draining but I am done with shooting and now it's just editing and trailer making...and poster making...and soundtracking....yeah still have a lot to do, haha! But I am still excited that I am done with the actor depend parts because those actors....unpredictable creatures. Just today I have an example, I talk to one of my actors, lets call him David, I talk to David on Saturday, to remind him about the shoot we have on Sunday, that I told everyone in advance a week before, and have been putting down constant reminders on the Facebook group through out the week, so I remind him in person on Saturday, he gives me his word that he will be there, so I trust him. Then comes Sunday, it is 11:58AM all my actors are at the school they are suppose to be there at 12pm, I am there and all we are waiting on is David. Now here is some background information about David, and why this was so hard getting ahold of him. Firstly, he doesn't have a phone, so that I means I can't call him at a moments notice, sure he has Facebook, but he doesn't get on often and I do remind him on Facebook. Secondly he got kicked out of his house, so how do I find him, if he isn't at his own house? Buuuuut he does have it rough, he gots kicked out of his house, dumped by his girlfriend and fired from his job in about a week time span, so he can't give him that much...poop. But then again, he promised me, and the week before I gave it up, because he was in the middle of going through all of that.

     Basically this is what people need to take out of this story. If you promise to do something for someone, I don't care how busy you are, if you promised in advanced, you can't just back out of me last second without telling me and expect me to be okay with it, he still hasn't contacted me about what happened, no apology no thing, he just no showed. I was furious about last weekend because he didn't show up and we were suppose to shoot that weekend as well, but two times in a row! You gotta be kidding me, don't make goddamn promises you can't keep! And that was the hardest part with shooting, getting the actors together. So we improvised, changed the scene a little bit, cut him out of the scene, but we still made it good. I think the scene will still turn out decently.

     However, I don't feel anything about being done, I should be happy. Or something. I don't know what is going on in the brain of mine. All those hours I put into this film and now it's pretty chill from here, I just don't know what makes me happy anymore. I mean when I do shoot, and I do work on my film I happy, but for some reason the act of finishing doesn't. Maybe this means I have to do this for the rest of my life, haha! Maybe I need to keep myself working on film to be happy, that I can't really relax and celebrate. Nah that will change, I'm pretty sure a night with the guys a few pretty girls would change my mind. As for now...life is good, I have good things happening, and good people around me. Sometimes I don't realize that, sometimes we all don't realize. I just want life to be more exciting but...I have a good.

And with that note, I will end this blog post and go to bed before it is way too late.

Good Night 

No comments:

Post a Comment