Sunday, April 6, 2014

volunteering. Chelsea H

This week I was given my first assignment with the volunteer organization I am with (family services coalition). I gave two women a ride to the food pantry (A place to turn) and back to the hotels where they are being sheltered. It felt really nice to be able to give my time to such a need and take some focus off of myself. I have committed to giving one day a week to the organization for now until I get accustomed to it.

This upcoming week as my team mates leave to go help with the hero housing project and the dojo closes I look forward to taking that time to hone some of my weaker skills (left spinning back kick, lol) and push myself harder in my daily routine to compensate for missing some class time. I hope they all have a great time and I cant wait to hear all about it!

It's great to see some many people giving of themselves....truly inspiring.

my favorite act of kindness: giving a ride to the people from the hotel to a food pantry through the volunteer organization I am with.
my favorite act of kindness received: more donations from friends to help me reach my fund goal for the alabama project

No comments:

Post a Comment