Sunday, April 6, 2014

Third personal goal (3/6)

    Wow, look at that! My blog post is on time for the SECOND WEEK in a row! That is impressive, if I do say so myself. So, what to talk about, what to talk about………….
    Okay. So I guess I will write about my third personal goal. I want to have thirty days this school year, and twenty days this summer, where I have no carbon footprint. By that I just mean that I don't use a car to get around to and from school, and around to karate and places like that. Now that would be fifty days total, so I am not planning on them being all at once. I would like it if they were spread out in fact. I wouldn't like to be biking to school in the pouring rain! That just wouldn't be fun, and it might put me off this entire idea (though probably not). Also, I reckon that I have made it about 10 days so far.
    Another thing is that during the school year I would have to canoe to school. That's because I live on Morses pond. If I don't want to bike across route 9. Then I have to cross the pond. On a normal day, what I would do is to have my dad drive me over to a friends house, and then I would bike with a group of people from there. But now, I would cross the pond (The night before, I would leave my bike at the town beach) pick up my bike, bike to the friends house then bike to school. So that adds like 15 minutes to my schedule. But its doable, and very fun if I manage to wake up early enough to do it.
    And in the summer, it would be very easy to not use a car. I'll just stay on the pond all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment