Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring and Everything Else

So it's official: spring has sprung. For those of you who've been in Alabama the weather has been in the 70s and sunny (except for one quick shower this morning). It's been blissful. Nature's way of rewarding us for a loooong winter. Yesterday I did a walk for homelessness, which was from the Natick Common to the high school and back. Then we went to a rowing regatta in Wayland (officially going to take up rowing. I don't know where though- Natick doesn't have a crew team.) When we got home, I stayed outside playing catch with my dad until the mosquitoes chased us in. Today I went for a run with my dad around Elm Bank during my sister's soccer practice. Then I climbed a tree. I just laid up there on the branch for a while looking at the clouds and it was really peaceful. After a crazy busy weekend, it was a moment when I could sit still and appreciate the great conditions. I think moments like that are important, because you have the chance to sit still and take a deep breath and appreciate the beauty around you. Okay. Thoughts on spring: check. Moving on. I have been thinking all week about my friends in Alabama. I can't wait to hear all about it (I can already tell I'll be really jealous. Next year for me.) My funding was kind of disappointing this year. I emailed my site to a bunch of people, and my mom posted it on her Facebook page, but I only got 2 donations. $40. Procrastination was killer for me this year. Definitely something to work on. I'm looking forward to vacation next week! I'll mostly be sticking around (gotta go to the marathon!) but I'm excited for some more breathing time to appreciate spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment