Thursday, June 12, 2014

Jake's Blog Post June 12, 2014 "Making It Count"

I really need to stop making false promises.

I think as another side goal along with my 3 other goals,  I will try to find away to remind myself to post on time from now on.

Tomorrow is the start of finals, and the last 4 days of my freshman year. And let me tell you, it went by so fast. I remember walking in the front doors of Natick High School for the first time, getting my first lecture from the choir program teacher, my first school lunch outside ever, it all feels like it was just yesterday.

My mom tells me that when she was younger, things seemed to go by at a snails pace. To me, it's just about the opposite. I'm sitting here with 4 days left in my freshman year of high school, and it feels like I was a 5th grader just a few days ago.

Going through this made me realize that to some, life can go by incredibly fast, and that is why we have to cherish the moments that define us forever. We have to make every moment count and need to savor the memorable ones. Even though I was quite nerdy (and still am), I miss being in middle school. Back there, the only things I had to really care about was getting in my homework on time and what days were fantastic Fridays (they were these party things for 5th and 6th graders). Now I have to worry about more homework, keeping my grades up, learning how to drive next year, preparing for SATs, Work, the list goes on.

From now on, I need to make every moment count. And I'll start by blogging on time. However to do that, I'll need to find a way to successfully remind myself to blog. Till next week,

- Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment