Monday, June 2, 2014

Junauro Landgrebe

Hi all,

I apologize for the infrequency of my blog posts.  To be honest, I'm not much of a writer.  That being said, I have been keeping up with my requirements with the obvious exception of blogging on a weekly basis.  Sensei Paul is fully aware and we have an understanding.

The main focus for the mastery program at this time is to finish writing a number of instrumental music compositions I've been working on.  This has been a bit of challenge for the reasons mentioned above.  I've been playing guitar for the past 30 years and have always been more of a "player" than writer.  One of my personal goals is to write 6 pieces by the end of summer.  So far I have 4 that are almost done and need to start a couple more.  The good news is that I've been in a creative zone for ever since my teaching load at Northeastern slowed down last month.  I'm confident I'll be able to finish all 6 pieces on target. 

My other personal goals are in progress.  One of them is to hike to the top of Mt. Washington for the first time after injuring my ankle in January of 2013.  This will be the final piece of a lengthy recovery that has been going great overall.  Returning to the dojo after the injury was the first step.  I wasn't sure about returning since I had some concerns about injuring myself again.  I've never been one to let fear get in my way and can report that returning to the dojo was both  a physical and mental victory.

My final personal goal is forming as we speak and I'll blog more about it when I'm certain it's feasible.

That's it for now.  You'll be seeing a lot more blogs in the immediate future!

JL

No comments:

Post a Comment