Sunday, June 29, 2014

Willingness. Chelsea H.

These 2 weeks as I've been away improving myself I have been taught something I always knew but did not believe/understand/accept which is everything I do is a choice and that every choice affects myself and my world/relationships. It can further set balance or unbalance. In my past I felt some of my behaviors were excusable or unavoidable,that I had no control and therefore I should have not been held accountable/faced consequences. Everything we do has a consequence. As Rafiki from the Lion King says "Oh yes, the past can hurt.. but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it!" In order to learn one must be willing to. Without willingness a person may stay stagnant preventing improvement and growth. Change/new things/ can be really scary but when one is willing to "prune the branches" of their life it gives way for what can be beautiful growth. Im slowly starting to learn there is no failure, only an opportunity for learning and improvement if I am willing.

My favorite act of kindness this week: educating several medical personnel by being a subject for study and questioning.
My favorite act of kindness gifted to me this week: a person taking the time to listen and educate me about anything I cared to ask (that was awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment