Sunday, March 23, 2014

Anniversary! Chelsea H.

This week I celebrated my wedding anniversary (march 20th). During celebration I reflected upon the beginning of my relationship with my husband...but it also made me think about the 2 years ago I began training at RMF. I began February 15th 2012.  How exciting it was to be in a dojo again..also how I could barely walk due to soreness that first week! Haahaa! How it took nearly all my strength to even do a pushup on my knees and how weird it was to be yet again wearing a white belt. Over these past 2 years I have grown in ways I never expected. I am stronger, I have more endurance. I have learned the great value of patience and calmness. I feel I am truly discovering the zen of the martial arts. The best part are all the wonderful people I train with. I care deeply about them all, each one holding a place in my heart, each interaction helping me to become a better martial artist and person.

Goal progression! Each goal is progressing just as I planned and I feel it is unlikely that they will not be completed. My novel is at 28,000 words (40,000 goal), I hit practice session 75 this week on guitar (100 goal), and now that the warmer weather may be approaching I can stay out longer with my dog to jog/walk in prep for a 5k. I have been getting emails this past month about upcoming 5k's but have yet to choose one.

My favorite act of kindness this week: supporting a thrift store's cause by shopping there for a skirt instead of a department store.
My favorite received act of kindness: a much needed hug ( I LOVE HUGS!)

Chelsea H.

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I also care for everyone I train with, and it has made me happy, because latley I feel we have really been coming together as a team.

    ReplyDelete