Sunday, March 2, 2014

Space Project

I've had a crazy week! On Thursday, the culmination of months of work: our space project. At my school, Christa McAuliffe Regional Charter Public School (Talk about a mouthful. Try writing that on MCAS), your space project (AKA The Christa McAuliffe Remembrance Gala) is the biggest project of your three years at the school. My partners and I worked for months on our project, perfecting it, discussing it with experts from NASA, writing our presentations, and practicing. A lot. For me, it was a real experience in mastery. While giving our presentation, I marveled at how far my partners and I had come in our knowledge of the topic: Determining the Risks of Meteorites and Asteroids on Spacecraft and Earth (pretty sure my school has a thing for long names). For example, during our presentation somebody asked me if I knew anything about the Tunguska Meteorite Collision. For a second I was like "whaaaat?" but then I realized I did know- a lot- about the Tunguska Meteorite Collision. I was able to tell him about the damage caused by the collision, when the site was discovered, its effects worldwide, and the theory scientists have as to what actually hit the ground. I was really proud of myself and my partners- we mastered this topic. Of course, there are many more things to learn about it, but in the eyes of the most of the people who came to listen, we were experts. That felt really good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment