Sunday, March 30, 2014

Time. Chelsea H.

This week has left me feeling frustrated as I fall behind in some of my physical requirements due to waiting on an injured wrist to heal. I thought it would only need one week of rest but I took the splint off at the 1 week mark and did a push up. The pain that followed told me it would need more time. I'm hoping that by this Wednesday, the 2 week mark, I'll be splint free and ready to catch up.

As the weather begins to warm it feels to me that my days are speeding by, sometimes I have to stop and enjoy the beauty of moments. I saw some flowers blooming a few days ago signaling a hopefully soon return of spring, I am very ready to hang up my thick coat.

Today I found out about an organization that helps victims of domestic violence who are also homeless that are being housed along with their children in hotels. I asked what their needs were and how I can help. Starting this week I will be assisting by giving rides to people so they can do laundry, or WIC, stuff like that. I am looking forward to beginning my volunteer work with them.

My favorite act of kindness this week: inquiring about and committing to a needed cause in the community.
My favorite act of kindness received: when a friend genuinely asked how I am and listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment