Sunday, March 16, 2014

Zen in the martial arts. Chelsea H.

I finally sat myself down and read one of our required texts, Zen in the Martial Arts. Wow, what a great book! Each chapter I found myself relating to the topic, I feel I learned much. Parts of the book spoke to me more than others and one of those was the chapter about compensating for your weaknesses. As most of you know I have asthma, I was diagnosed with it when I was 5 years old and even though I take daily maintenance medication for it and bring my inhaler to class sometimes it frustrates me greatly that I get of breath so easily. Over the past 2 years of training at RMF I have learned how to fight smarter so I dont breathe so hard and how to control my breathing better maximizing the efficiency of each breath. Another chapter that I found really interesting was called Effortless Effort. It spoke about the true power of being relaxed when you fight or train. That you tend to strike faster , harder and more accurately when relaxed. This is something I would like to apply and possibly master.

I still haven't heard back from the letter I sent my old roommate. I'm not sure if I will. Could be an inaccurate address as well.

My favorite act of kindness this week was  giving my husband a massage to help him relax. My favorite act of kindness done to me was being helped by two ladies to find my new doctor's office inside the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment