Sunday, March 30, 2014

A snow filled weekend (3/30)

Hey all! This is my blog for the week of 3/31 to 4/6. I hope.
Overall this week has been pretty good. I had MCAS on Wednesday and Thursday (I know, what fun!), but the good thing about MCAS is that you get no homework on the days that you have it. God, I wish every day I had no homework. Do you know how much I would get accomplished? I would cook, craft, and read during every waking hour if I could! But, sadly homework interrupts that beautiful paradise. So anyway, I had MCAS and no homework this week. Then on the weekend, I went skiing.

This is Nick and I at Adam's Solitude, a ski trail a Bolton Valley, the ski resort that I always go to. It is rarely open, but is nonetheless my favorite trail. Also, for the last two years I have been learning how to telemark. That is a ski style where your heel comes up when you make turns. For example;
Sorry for the bad quality of the video.This is me telemarking. It is a fun way to ski, and the same ski and binding also can be used when backcountry skiing. 
At the end of that long day of skiing, my family went over to the condo that our friends were staying at. The following craziness ensued:
Again, sorry for the bad quality. We (Grace, Nick and Cal) decided that jumping off the porch into the three foot deep snow would be an excellent idea. We got stuck many times, and once spent ten minutes digging out our recently fallen comrade. After that we played man of the mountain, and it wasn't surprising who won (me). All in all, it was a fulfilling weekend, with as much fun and action packed into its hours as possible.
See y'all next week!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're learning how to telemark! That's awesome. I've always admired the people who can do that- it looks so hard! Ah-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Scotia! its really super fun!

    ReplyDelete