Sunday, March 23, 2014

Jason Mai 3/23/14

Jason Mai
3/23/14    

     Okay...so this blog post is going to be weird, but for some reason I've gotten weirdly obsessed with Disney movies this weekend, I'm not sure why...I feel like a little child, and I'm 16 years old. Okay so I watched like 3 different Disney movies this weekend and I realized why I like them, because of how they make me feel. Hold on hold on, before you think I'm super immature and childish, they are some very good feel good movies that leave good messages as well. They are light hearted and generally spread good vibes. Now before you put this off, go watch some Disney movies or think of the old ones you have watched before.
     One reason why I like them is probably because secretly, I wish my life could just be a Disney movie, now I understand that sounds naive and "Oh Jason, you're 16, you should know the realities of life" yes yes I get it okay, whatever. But get this, how awesome would it be to have Disney life. Literally you go have some struggles in your life, but its okay because you meet really cool people, then you meet someone you love and live happily ever after.
     Buuuuut this also makes me hate Disney movies, because when I watch them, I feel happy, but then I look at our world, and become sad. We have war, famine, death, disease, and a lot of people don't have happy endings. I understand these movies also have death and stuff but it always ends in happily. It's just sad to make the comparison between all movies and life.
     Life is probably pretty cool, but right now its pretty boring haha, maybe that's why I want it to be a clean cut storyline....
     When I make movies for a living, I want to create that feel good feeling for the audience. Or at least feel some kind of emotion, that's the beauty of theater and any expression of art.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Disney movies, while the story's that they portray do have some down spots, are meant to be positive and hopeful. I think that that is because they are aimed towards little kids, who love it when every one is happy and the bad guy i defeated, and all the good guys live. Though that can put people in a bad mood when they compare it to our world and the realities of it, I do believe that the movies where only meant to make people feel more hopeful of a better world, not say "here is how the world should be."

    ReplyDelete